- The retrospective exhibition of Eero Aarnio’s work which was on display at the Design Museum in Helsinki in 2016, will open on February 8th, 2017 at the Nationalmuseum Design in Stockholm and runs through April 23rd, 2017.
- Eero Aarnio is one of the designers featured in the Finnish Design Exhibition 2017, which first opened in the Fukuoka City Museum in Japan on January 14th, 2017 and will later travel to the Aichi Prefectural Museum of Art, the Fukui City Museum, the Fuchu Art Museum and the Miyagi Museum of Art. The exhibition celebrates the history of Finnish design from the beginning of the 20th century to present day.
On December 1st, 2016 EERO AARNIO ORIGINALS became the new distributor for Eero Aarnio’s classics, includingthe Ball Chair, Bubble Chair, Pastil, Tomato, Pony, Parabel Tables, Formula, Screw Tables, Mushroom (fiberglass) and Copacabana.
- A large retrospective exhibition of Eero Aarnio’s work will open at the Design Museum in Helsinki in April, 2016. The show will be the most comprehensive exhibition to date of Eero Aarnio’s work including furniture, lamps, small objects, one of a kind pieces, drawings and sketches. The show will run from April 8, 2016 through September 25, 2016. A new book of Eero Aarnio’s work and career Eero Aarnio-Designer of Colour and Joy will be available in April, 2016.
- An exhibition “Golden Generations. Modernism in Finnish Architecture and Design” is on display at the State Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg. Included in the collection of design objects at the show are Eero Aarnio’s Ball Chair, Tomato, Pastil and Cognac chairs. The exhibition runs from November 14, 2015 through January 31, 2016.
- Eero Aarnio’s Ball Chair, Bubble Chair and Pastil Chair are part of an exhibition “Pop Art Design” from the Vitra Design Museum, Weil am Rhein, Germany which is displayed at the Espoo Museum of Modern Art (EMMA). The exhibition runs from February 18 through May 10, 2015.